If you have been diagnosed with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and feel a service dog may assist you in your recovery. Please fill out the following request for an application form and we will forward a complete application to you as soon as possible.
To be considered for placement & training with a Service or Therapeutic Companion Dog you must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. Veteran of any military branch or an Active duty member of any military branch of the U.S
- Diagnosed with combat-related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or Traumatic Brain Injury.
- You must be willing to attend training classes with your dog for approximately 6-9 mos.
- If you are not currently living in Arizona you must be able to relocate and attend classes in Arizona for approximately 6 months.
If you are applying and want to train a dog that you already own you will have to meet the above requirements and your dog will have to meet the following criteria:
- Age 1 to 4 years old.
- No evidence of aggressive behavior towards people or other animals.
- Current on Rabies and DHPP vaccines.
- No major medical disorders.
- Pass a behavior evaluation by a SBF representative.
Soldier’s Best Friend does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or national origin
Begin your application for a Service Dog
Please choose one of the following to begin your application for a service dog:
I am currently not able to train in Arizona at this time. If you are not currently living in Arizona you must be able to relocate and attend classes in Arizona for approximately 6 months.
Please check out our other resources available that might assist you in finding a program near you.
Thank you for your service to our country.
Soldier's Best Friend